In addition to tax preparation, Logan is the Studio Manager for Amber Art and Design, a founder of the technology rental project Television, and runs an Instagram gallery called SNAIL. However, it can be extremely burdensome for artists who are handling the creative side of their work, several day jobs, and the financial precarity of a creative existence. You must manage your budget, create and sign contracts with studio spaces or freelancers, save money, then make it all legible to the IRS come tax season.
Julie is an art lover and amateur musician with 30 years of experience on the administrative side of arts organizations and creative small businesses. In addition to preparing tax returns for individuals, she provides bookkeeping services for artists, non-profits, and small businesses, including the preparation and filing of forms 1099-NEC. Julie also has experience preparing returns for LLC Partnerships, S Corps, and small non-profit organizations, and working with international clients. She holds a BA from Swarthmore College and an MA in History of Art from Bryn Mawr College.
Hell Yeah, Bookkeeping
Sunrise provides professional accounting services to upgrade their free application since most business owners do not want to get complicated with bookkeeping. Zoho Invoice is the best online invoicing cloud software for artists and musicians. You can monitor your financial work with automatic expenditure management, quick invoicing, and fast money collection. The National Council of Nonprofits isn’t an end in and of itself, but it can help organizations link up with their state-specific Council of Nonprofits.
- Whether you’re an artist, actor, writer, designer, musician, or
work in another creative field, doing freelance taxes is more complicated than
a simple W-2.
- Powderhorn Park location and HQ for remote tax preparation.
- If you are anything like me, it is hard enough for me to record dates and appointments in my date book!
- In 1983, QuickBooks Desktop debuted, and the cloud-based version (QuickBooks Online) was launched in 2001.
Casey Moss Tax can calculate and even schedule your estimated payments for you to make sure you stay on track all year long. Brad Begley, president of Begley Law Office, has worked as an attorney and a CPA for the past 29 years. He helps individuals and businesses with issues ranging https://www.bookstime.com/articles/accounting-for-artists from tax planning and compliance to preparing corporate Buy Sell and Control documents. Begley Law Office’s Team has also been preparing taxes for artist and creative people for the past 34 years. We have worked with a broad range of artist from painters to performers to writers.
Master ChatGPT by learning prompt engineering.
Our best expert advice on how to grow your business — from attracting new customers to keeping existing customers happy and having the capital to do it. Practical and real-world advice on how to run your business — from managing employees to keeping the books. It showed me right accounting for artists away what my highest profit margin products were, and which ones I was really not making much profit on. It can really help you make decisions on what products to sell in your shop. I want to be very honest, that we’ve had some ups and downs for sure, related to money.
- In addition to filing taxes, they help clients with setting up LLCs and S-Corps, filling out W-4 forms, retirement savings, and more.
- She delivers engaging tax education that is creative-centered and empowering.
- We work together to take the burden of preparing accurate tax returns off your shoulders, while making sure that you get every deduction you’re entitled to and have the best possible tax outcome.
- If you or your organization meets our financial qualifications we will refer your arts related case on to a qualified accountant or attorney.
- We can prepare tax returns for every state in the country, and for the City of Philadelphia.